- A merchant cash advance is an unsecured business loan where a percentage of a business’s card sales are used to repay the amount borrowed.
- We are not currently offering this service but we keep this page for informational purposes.
What is a merchant cash advance?
A merchant cash advance is a form of unsecured business funding where a business repays the amount borrowed using a pre-agreed percentage of their monthly revenue which is generated by card sales. There are no fees attached to a merchant cash advance, instead, an all-inclusive fee is paid upfront when they take out the loan.
How does a merchant cash advance work?
A merchant cash advance is where a business borrows money from the lender and repays the loan using a small percentage of their debit or credit card sales. Essentially, every time a customer uses a card machine to pay for a service or product, a percentage of that payment goes to repaying the loan until the loan is fully repaid.
There is no interest charged on a merchant cash advance. Instead, the borrower pays an upfront fee which replaces the need for interest. For instance, if a business borrows £30,000 and is charged an upfront fee of 10%, the total cost of the loan is £33,000.
What Are The Benefits Of A Cash Advance?
1. The Application Process Is Simple
You can make an application for an advance just by going online. No paperwork and no calls, just one short, online form. The application is compatible with both mobile and desktop devices. The application itself is really simple and requires some basic information and documentation about your business.
2. Access Funding Quickly
With a business cash advance, you can access capital in as little as 24 hours! Decisions are delivered in minutes. As soon as you’ve accepted the terms of the offer, the lender will transfer the money directly to your account.
3. It’s An Affordable Way To Borrow
There are no hidden fees or late repayment charges. The terms are straightforward – you receive a lump-sum payment and have just one clear cost to repay.
There’s also no pressure to repay the amount faster than your business can afford. The amount you repay directly corresponds with the amount your business earns. If you earn less, the amount you repay will also be less, so financial stress is always kept to a minimum.
4. Unsecured funding
A benefit of this type of business funding is that it is entirely unsecured. Ultimately, there’s no need to provide collateral which is often reassuring.
There are also no nasty surprises. The terms of the agreement are agreed upfront prior to the exchange of funds, so you will always be given the opportunity to clarify anything you’re unsure about. You’ll never enter an agreement blindly and you’ll never be pressured into anything you’re uncomfortable with.
How does a merchant cash advance compare to a traditional bank loan?
|Business Cash Advances
|How much could you receive?
|£1,000 – £100,000
|£1,000 – £100,000
|What’s the fee?
|No interest. Just one all-inclusive fee
|Between 3.83% and 4.56% APR
|How long does it take to get approved?
|Applications are pre-approved online within minutes.
|You could be waiting weeks for an initial decision. In some cases, it could be months.
|When will you have access to the money?
|The funds will be deposited into your account within just days.
|It depends on how quickly the bank processes your application, but an average you’ll be waiting months.
|Can you qualify with bad credit?
|Are repayments fixed?
|No. Repayments are always flexible. They are taken as a small percentage of future card sales.
|Yes. The bank will give you a fixed figure which you’ll have to pay back each month regardless of your business’s performance.
|No. There is no personal obligation with a cash advance.
|Yes, many banks will request collateral, especially if you’re a small business.
Merchant Cash Advance vs Traditional Bank Loan
- Applying for a bank loan is a complicated and lengthy process. The average application involves multiple meetings with the bank and masses of paperwork to complete and sign. Ultimately, the slower the application process, the longer it will take for you to receive the loan.
- Applications for a business cash advance are simple and straightforward. You can apply online, just by filling out a quick online form. There are no meetings, calls or paperwork necessary.
- Qualifying for a bank loan is difficult. The criteria to qualify can be incredibly strict. You’ll need a near-perfect credit score to even be considered, and you’ll need to offer valuable assets as collateral. Most small business owners don’t have access to valuable assets, so this simply won’t be an option for them.
- With a merchant cash advance there is greater flexibility in qualification. Providing that your business makes a good amount of revenue in card sales each month, providers will still consider you even if you have bad credit. There’s no need for collateral and no personal obligation, so you can sleep easy knowing that your home is always safe!
Accessing the Money:
- It can take months to receive a bank loan. Banks are notorious for taking a long time to process and review applications, so you could be left waiting months just for a decision, let alone the capital your business needs.
- Cash advance loans are deposited into the business owner’s account within 24 hours. If you need the capital urgently, as most small businesses do, this is an efficient and effective choice.
- Long-term repayment periods. Repayments span over longer periods (up to 25 years) so monthly repayments are usually small and interest rates can be low in comparison to other loan providers (4.56%). However, it means businesses are under that constant pressure of having to repay the loan.
- Repayments for a cash advance are flexible and easily manageable. There’s no fixed repayment date so you’ll never incur any late fees. Simply pay back using a small pre-agreed percentage of your daily card sales, until the loan amount is repaid. Most businesses are typically able to repay in full, within 4-18 months, so you’ll be free of any debt far quicker than you could with a bank loan.
Why Choose For Kredit?
- We’re legitimate. We’re on the Financial Services Register, so you know that the service we’re offering is safe.
- We tell the truth. We’re upfront about all of the fees and terms.
- We’re cooperative. We are more than willing to answer questions and explain things to you in more detail if you need us to.
- We specialise in solving small business problems. For Kredit recognises the difficulties small businesses face and aims to deliver a service that best accommodates your needs.
- There’s no pressure. We offer free no no-obligation quotes and flexible repayment plans to suit all business types.
How Do You Make Repayments?
In most cases, the lender will work directly with your terminal provider to make repayments as simple and hassle-free as possible. The card provider will routinely withhold the pre-agreed percentage from your total card sales and transfer it to the lender at the point of sale. This way you don’t have the headache of setting up a direct debit.
The best way to think of it is like income tax – deductions are made automatically by a third party before you receive revenue. You spend less time worrying about repayments and have more time to concentrate on your business.